Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

What does it mean when the light on the Logitech keyboard…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean when the light on the Logitech keyboard for my i-pad starts at red then turns to blue?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?

My IPad is 1 1/2 years old and I am using pro air

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

When they come on and state that updates are needed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Is it the Logitech "Create" keyboard?

Is it the Type+ keyboard, or any other type of keyboard?

if it's the Keys-To-Go keyboard, here are the LED colour meanings:

Power and battery

• Green, blinking — battery is charging.
  • Green, solid — battery is charged.
  • Red, solid — battery is low (less than 20%). You should charge your tablet keyboard when you can.

Bluetooth

• Blue, quickly blinking — keyboard is in discovery mode, ready for pairing.
  • Blue, slowly blinking — keyboard is trying to reconnect to your Apple device.
  • Blue, solid — pairing or connection is successful. The light then turns off to save energy.

So it should mean that it is below 20% battery to begin with, or just has not connected yet, then it goes solid blue when it is connected.

Let me know if you have any questions, please take a moment to rate my help. many thanks have a great day.