Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Sorry...I'm looking for help with the storage capacity on my…

Customer Question
Sorry...I'm looking for help...

Sorry...I'm looking for help with the storage capacity on my iPad Air. Who can I talk (chat) to? Thanks for your help.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three. All are interconnected and it depends on how long my reply needs to be.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You do understand that I don't have an e-mail question...I'm having trouble with the storage capacity of my iPad. I seem to have a great deal of memory tied up in my photo library but there are no photos on my iPad.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two types of storage on iPad. One is iCloud Storage and the other is device storage (that inbuilt device storage, i.e the one came with iPad like 16GB, 64GB or 128GB). The device storage can't be upgraded. If it is getting full, then you have to delete unwanted movies, photos, videos, musics etc from your iPad.

So lets check what is taking up your space. Go to Settings > General and tap Storage and iCloud Usage.

Tap Manage Storage under Storage (device storage) and this will give you an idea about what is taking up all the space. The top items will be the ones that is taking the most space

What is taking up GBs and MBs ?

1GB = 1024 MB