Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When using excel it keeps reexing and I get the littl

When using excel it...

When using excel it keeps reexing and I get the littl spinnng wheel what can i do to combat this

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I am using a mac book pro 2011 and excel of the same age but has been updated

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I had the machine new in 2011. I have looked on line and there was something about a Activity monitor but could not find it

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/15/2017
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

can you tel me when this problem started please?

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
It has been on and off for a couple of months. I also have probleams when trying to copy large text

Thank you

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

where will i find this file?

It is under the down arrow at the top right in of safari.

there is nothing in the download box

Then you have not yet clicked the link, please carefully follow the instructions and it will work, you just need to take the time and carefully follow the instructions

IUser 165 513 347. pw. xub777
what is happening?

please double check the password ***** you gave me the wrong one

165 513 347 I have copied this xur777

ok before you gave

xub777

Now it works

Sorry I see my error
Thanks Richard, The opening of the file seems to take forever, but once I have it open it seems to be working better.Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening again?I have a problem on another mac. I download bits of video from you tube and have always used ant.com as my video down loader. It has stopped working and I have reloaded it several times. I get a box come up saying that the video thread cannot be picked up., (or words to that effect).I have spoken to ant but they cannot help.
Have you come across this before, is it a hardware problem and if not can you recommend a different down loader.Thanks for your help.look forward to hearing from you.barry

you can use this site Tony

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter

I also advise once a month to do the following

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

To avoid the issue you had today

this message is addressed to Tony.Is it also meant for me?Barry

Sorry Barry, it was for you, was a slip of my mind sorry