Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Date and time displayed correct.. screen shows "Ipad is

Customer Question
Date and time displayed...

Date and time displayed correct.. screen shows "Ipad is disabled connect to itunes. can you help me get undisabled?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Not sure answer

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ipad disabled so none

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm old and don't have a 10 year old grandchild!!!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

If your ipad is disabled and says connect to itunes, then you will need to connect your ipad to your computer with the USB cable that came with your ipad. Then open up itunes and do the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. Most important as this is what puts your ipad into recovery mode. See pic attached as this is the screen you should see on your ipad.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.

If step 5 does not work you will have no choice but to pick restore instead of update. Just know that if you have to restore, then your data will be lost but it will be the only way to re-enable your ipad. Let me now if you have any questions along the way.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.