Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How can I remove an unauthorized charge ony account?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

In which Bank you have account ? Did you use your credit card ?Also let me know on which website you did payment and what is the payment description do you see on your bank account statement. We need to dispute this transaction so that bank can reverse it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I DID NOT MAKE THIS PURCHASE ,.DID NOT USE CREDIT OR BANK CARD.. I SIMPLY GOT AN EMAIL SAYING A $99.00 CHG.WAS MADE USING MY APPLE ACCOUNT. IVE NEVER USED THE ACCOUNT EVÉR. PLEASE CANCEL SAID XHG.THANK YOU!

Contact your credit card company. Since this issue is more complex, call the company rather than trying to work through the website. Locate the card company's customer service number. You'll find it on the back of your credit card, or on your card statement.

The company's automated phone line will take you through a series of prompts. Have your credit card and information about the purchase with you when you call.
Your account may have a password ***** user ID associated with your card. Enter that information when you're prompted.

You may be asked several security questions, so that the associate on the line can identify you. Answer those questions, based on the answers you provided when you set up your account.

Provide the vendor name, date, dollar amount, and the item purchased. Explain the matter and ask your card company if they can withhold payment and investigate the matter.

If the credit card company withholds the payment, ask them to email you documentation.

Let me know if you need any information from my end on this.

Were you able to contact your bank ? Have they asured you to refund your transaction?