Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new computer. My music transferred over just…

Customer Question
Hi. I just...

Hi. I just got a new computer. My music transferred over just fine but when I download new music, it says there's a problem and won't synch it to my ipod

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

HP spectre

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

For iTunes? Yes, last night

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just doing what it tells me when the message comes up but to no avail. Including rebottong rebooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Anything else you need to know?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Since it sounds like you have already updated itunes on your PC and since its new I am assuming you are running windows 10. Sometimes windows 10 does some wierd things with apple's itunes. Try this, connect your ipod to your PC but you can close itunes for now. Instead do the following: (its kind of a lot so if you do not feel comfortable doing this on your own please let me know and I can always remote into your pc)

1. Open “Control Panel“.
  2. Select “Hardware and Sound“.
  3. Select “Devices and Printers“.
  4. Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the “Unspecified” section. Right-click it and select “Properties“.
  5. Select the “Hardware” tab, then click the “Properties” button.
  6. From the “General” tab, select the “Change settings” button.
  7. Select the “Driver” tab, then select “Update Driver“.
  8. Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“.
  9. Select “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you don’t have this folder, check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“.
  10. Click “Next” > “Close.

Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes. So open itunes now and see if you can use your ipod and sync.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast