Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

It was acting up so I did a factory reset and when restored

Customer Question

it was acting up so I did a factory reset and when restored my pin lo longer works so now its disabled
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: 1st gen air newest update
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: few years ago tried connecting to iTunes in re over mode but wont download the restore files just gets stuck. and find my I pad but says not connect to internet so it wont erase
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

That is a good idea trying to restore the ipad while in recovery mode but it may not be the actual ipad that is an issue but instead your computer and/or your itunes. Therefore, if the files just "stop" I would first make sure you have the most recent version of itunes installed, which brings the question of please let me know if you are on a mac or pc. Here is how to check for updates for itunes on mac or pc

Mac

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Check for Updates.
  3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

Windows

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.

I will post more but just start with this first and then try to restore the ipad again

Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

If what I previously posted does not work, please let me know if you are on mac or windows as there are some other things I can let you try.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .