Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

I can't buy anything through the Apple Store even though my

Customer Question

I can't buy anything through the Apple Store even though my information is correct
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: It's an I pad. It worked ok till a couple of days ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have re-entered my info
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I recharge with it switched off, it charges fairly quickly, but then for a while it keeps restarting after about 3 mins
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 month ago.

When you try and sign into the Apple Store with your apple id and password. What error do you get or does it say your apple id or password ***** *****? I know you mentioned that your account is ok but you can go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and see if you can sign in with your current apple id and password.

If by chance the password ***** ***** you can reset it at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Just enter your apple id and then continue and apple will provide you an option to reset your password ***** can be by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Once we know your account is ok then you can try and sign into the ipad again but if it still does not work then you can first start easy and do a forced restart which is by doing the following:

• Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work, you can try and update the ipad which also reinstalls the iOS on the ipad without loosing your data. However, if you have never backed up your ipad, you can do that first just to be safe and reference the following website, click here. Then you can try to update/restore the ipad by doing the following

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. Most important step as you need to make sure you get the recovery mode screen. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.