David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I have a used IPhone 5e I would like to activate and

Customer Question

I have a used IPhone 5e I would like to activate and transfer minutes from Tracphone and my phone number also. The phone I have currently is an LG android but really want to use the number and minutes with my I Phone. Is there a way to do this?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I have no clue?? I guess I wasn't aware that IPhones had OS . I know my IPad does. Where do I find that information on the phone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not on my I Phone. I just charged it and turned it on. It said needed a sim
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I just wondered if I can switch my sim in LG TO MY IPHONE 5 to transfer information and phone number. The phone has no SIM card currently
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

If your iPhone 5e is not network locked to a particular carrier, then you can transfer the SIM from your old phone to the iPhone and your number will transfer. Also any minutes in your plan should also transfer.

Any data that you want to transfer should be synced to online services such as Google Drive, Google Contacts etc, and then your iPhone can connect to those services and sync the data.

Let me know if you have any questions, kind regards,

David.