Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to shut-down an Ipad that i want to then pass…

Customer Question
Hi - I am...

Hi - I am trying to shut-down an Ipad that i want to then pass over to my son.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I think that it is IOS 10 but i am not sure as I gave it to my son and he has a problem in that it is now locked 'Activation Lock' so I am at a lose as to which way to go

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

As far as I am aware the Apple ID [email protected] and it now requires a password ***** I have lost

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think that there is, cause I have been spending all my current time on myMacBook Air which I purchased during Sept/Oct 2016

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

As you may already know, you will need to sign into your Apple ID account to bypass the security feature.

You can reset your password. Click here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Follow the prompts to reset your password ***** use that password ***** the iPad.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.