Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I am trying to shut-down an Ipad that i want to then pass

Customer Question

Hi - I am trying to shut-down an Ipad that i want to then pass over to my son.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I think that it is IOS 10 but i am not sure as I gave it to my son and he has a problem in that it is now locked 'Activation Lock' so I am at a lose as to which way to go
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As far as I am aware the Apple ID [email protected] and it now requires a password ***** I have lost
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think that there is, cause I have been spending all my current time on myMacBook Air which I purchased during Sept/Oct 2016
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

As you may already know, you will need to sign into your Apple ID account to bypass the security feature.

You can reset your password. Click here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Follow the prompts to reset your password ***** use that password ***** the iPad.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.