Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My 13 year old grandson tried to unlock parental lock to…

Customer Question
My 13 year old...

My 13 year old grandson tried to unlock parental lock to download an app The pad is new and being used for school. My daughter says they are locked out of app and the only way she knows how to fix is to do a factory reset...which could mean he will loose everything she has downloaded for him for school and will have to reload. Is this true? is there an easy way? will she then have to pay for several ebooks again?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Ipad apple 9.7 128g

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Early August she hasn't tried anything Yet this will be addressed this evening when she has time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No our problem is after he tried several times thinking he could figure out what his mothers password ***** had in place to protect him and even after she had learned and tried to type the correct password ***** has blocked her out

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Happened yesterday

What carrier are you with please?

Never mind...I'm not needing your help
please credit my credit card
thank you

OK