Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On 9/11 I got a call from apple saying Ihave a Security

Customer Question
On 9/11 I got...

On 9/11 I got a call from apple saying Ihave a Security Breach on my I clouds and to call(###) ###-####I have been calling since and phone is always busy.Please he

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Since i am not very good on computer I have windows can I call someone

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think so

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Non3e

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

None

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That was a bogus service and not associated with Apple in any way. They cold call users to try and trick them into allowing them access to their systems/devices and paying for their scam "services." Apple will never place unsolicited calls to users unless their services are specifically requested for.

Your Apple/iCloud account is just safe; you simply need to ignore these types of calls as they come.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,