Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can not get my Linksys password for my new Apple IPad. Help!

Customer Question
Can not get my...

Can not get my Linksys password ***** my new Apple IPad. Help!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Several years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have anew Apple iPad and when the store transferred all my stuff over to new IPad linksys didn't get over to my new once

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I am an older person and not educated on these new devices.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Need help with connecting wifi on my new IPad. Also have an old one that I am typing on now that has Linksys and thought it would transfer over to my new one.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Do you have any computers that are connected to the network?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

my old Ipad

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.1.1
Leave the username blank
The default password ***** admin
(if that does let you in, use admin for the username and admin for the password)
- Click the Wireless link (your network name is ***** *****)
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password ***** ***** here)

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

Did that help?