Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have just upgraded my apple iMac to Sierra everything

Customer Question
Hi I have just...

Hi I have just upgraded my apple iMac to Sierra everything looks fine, but it cannot se my two external seagate drives. The drives spin up when Insert up but no icon on the home screen

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Ive ben using it for about two years now, primary function is video editing using FCPx. I have a couple of libraries on the mac drive and FCPx can open those just fine

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Only the update to Sierra a couple of hours ago, thats when I had the roblem

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

System ser no is C02S119PGQ17

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it thx

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do they appear in Disk Utility or in Finder ?

Let's try some troubleshooting.

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

Then in Finder, click on Finder menu and select Preferences. Make sure external drives options are enabled to appear on desktop. Disconnect and reconnect the drives. Do you see them ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.