Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I need to download and save my emails from aol online. They

Customer Question

I need to download and save my emails from aol online. They are currently remote.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Well, it wasn't an issue when I could migrate the emails to GMail, but that feature isn't working anymore. GMail allows you to save your emails to an mbox file. I need something similar with aol. Can't find it anywhere.
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: WindowsXP
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's a library computer, and I've purchased Incredimail, and that does backup to desktop, or pc, but it uses a ibk file, which is a file that does not become human readable, ever. I've looked everywhere for something to convert it to text, but nothing is available. It's a Perion file.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

You can download all of your emails sing an email client like Thunderbird, which can be obtained here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Please let me know if you need further help doing this as I can help you directly via a secure remote session