Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to download and save my emails from aol online. They…

Customer Question
I need to download...

I need to download and save my emails from aol online. They are currently remote.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

Well, it wasn't an issue when I could migrate the emails to GMail, but that feature isn't working anymore. GMail allows you to save your emails to an mbox file. I need something similar with aol. Can't find it anywhere.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

WindowsXP

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a library computer, and I've purchased Incredimail, and that does backup to desktop, or pc, but it uses a ibk file, which is a file that does not become human readable, ever. I've looked everywhere for something to convert it to text, but nothing is available. It's a Perion file.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Mac_Martin
Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

You can download all of your emails sing an email client like Thunderbird, which can be obtained here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Please let me know if you need further help doing this as I can help you directly via a secure remote session