Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm running a MacBook Pro/ProTools LE8.0.5 and on one song,

Customer Question
Hi! I'm running a...

Hi! I'm running a MacBook Pro/ProTools LE8.0.5 and on one song, keep getting DAE 9060, sometimes with an added 9031 error. How can I fix this? Thanks for your help!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

OS 10.6.8

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Bought 2 years ago, new (altho' not latest version) - no real troubles except I usually have to reboot the ProTools itself to get all tracks instantiating properly. (1st boot usually short of complete tracks running properly).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks, Pearl

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/13/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

This error indicates a corrupted audio file. If you remove the audio file from the project it should go away. However, if you need this audio file, you will need to try to convert it to another file format (for example if it is MP3 convert it to WAV) using some other software and try again.

That is lame. I could figure that out on my own. I was looking for a real "fix" on this and am very disappointed. I should never have used this "service" that was ONLY SUPPOSED TO COST $5 - instead, you guys hit my card for another $35 on top of that - for this answer? Of course it was a corrupted file, but it's a file among many that make up my song. Not a word about how to isolate to find the file, etc. PLease remove me from your database and destroy my info. Thanks for misrepresenting your expertise (not you, Ricky, the SITE)