Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone has locked me out so I'm trying to restore it but…

Customer Question
My phone has locked...

My phone has locked me out so I'm trying to restore it but when I try to use itunes it says something about it can't connect because the value of the phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

A few months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started , I'm not sure of all the troubleshooting I can do. It's an iphone 7

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

First thing you can try is updating to the latest version of iTunes. Download it from here:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If that fails then you will need to try putting the iPhone in Recovery Mode.

Disconnect it from the computer.

Press and hold the power button and the volume down button together.

After about 30 seconds it will restart but don't release the buttons, keep holding them

After another 30 seconds it will show an iTunes logo and a cable, release the buttons and reconnect it to the computer.

Now open iTunes and it should offer you the option of Update or Restore. Choose restore.

Next iTunes will begin downloading the iPhone software. It could take a while.

When it finishes downloading the iPhone software, it will restore the iPhone to factory settings.

Set up the iPhone as new, do not recover from a back up.

The activation lock and passcode will be removed and you can set up your iPhone.

Let me know if any of these steps don't go as planned, I will be happy to help.

Take a moment to click the star rating, many thanks!