Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Excel for Mac. The tabs at the bottom of the page have

Excel for Mac. The tabs at the bottom of the page have disappeared. Tried changing preferences as suggested and no change.Thanks.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Close Excel. Then hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Excel.plist'. Then open Excel. That should bring it back.

If that didn't work, then close it. Hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and this time, trash the Microsoft folder.

Go back, then open Application Support folder and trash Microsoft folder. If you don't see the folders there, then open Containers folder in library and trash Com.microsoft.excel

Try Excel. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still same. Had to rebuild database. No difference in view.

Did you do all the steps ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
exactly

Close Excel. Then hold down Shift key and open Excel. Does it show now ?

What exact tabs disappeared ?

And do you have this issue with all spreadsheets ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The issue can's see worksheet tabs on bottom or resize length.

Do you have this issue with all spreadsheets ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no just existing spreadsheets. If I create new spreadsheet, no issue

That means Excel preferences are working. Do you have this issue with all your existing spreadsheets or with any particular ones ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Microsoft needed new update since maybe trashed some recent stuff from following earlier instructions

What version of Office is this ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2011

The files we trashed are just preferences files and they will be recreated the moment to open Excel back. That wouldn't delete core files or your documents

Click on Help menu and select Check for Updates. Do all updates.

Do you have this issue with all your existing spreadsheets or with any particular ones ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
existing spreadsheets.

Click on View menu and is the Split option turned on ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did see split screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't see split screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Split screen is in Windows menu. This is a mac

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts. If they have any idea, they will get back to you. If no one get back to you, then you can contact the customer support at***@******.*** and they will do full refund.

Please don't rate the answer anything, so another expert can get to you or process refund. I'm sorry, I couldn't solve your problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Seems like this would be a common issue for mac users.
I have come across this issue too. One workaround is to choose Window , then Arrange and choose Tile and this seems to constrain the window to the screen and give you access to the worksheet tabs at the bottom. (Obviously if you have more than one excel window open - it will tile your windows - but this fix has so far worked for me.) You also don't have to keep resizing the window everytime you click on a different tab.
Office for Mac 2011 had plenty of bugs in it which the best thing to do even though not the cheapest would be to upgrade your version of office.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That worked. Awesome.Thanks. Brian
Sweet! Please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name. I would really appreciate it and it helps to let others know I am here to help.Thanks and take care.
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: Data Systems Analyst for a School District