Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received an email from Apple Store stating that my apple…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email from Apple Store stating that my apple ID was used to sign into Icloud and make a large payment. Is this fraud and who do I contact?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

Maybe six months ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes,

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Sorry, I don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I find out if that transaction happened? Thanks for helping

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What else does the email say ?

There are so many SCAMs out there. First of all, go and check the bank account and see if the charge is there. If not, that means that is a SCAM message. Also, DO NOT open anything from that email and do not change your account details or provide anything via that email.

If there is a charge, then you should contact Apple Support and ask them to reverse the charge. So let me know if there is a charge and I will send the contact instructions.

Then go ahead and change your Apple ID password ***** here --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

It is important to change the password, so any one who have access to your account will no longer can access it. You can also enable two factor authentication to make your Apple ID more secure. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.