Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Macbook air 10.12.6 - systems preferences crashes

Customer Question
Macbook air 10.12.6 -...

Macbook air 10.12.6 - systems preferences crashes repeatedly

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Macbook air?

10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook air? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2011 - am looking for information, came across your sight - didn't expect contact :-)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

When it crashes, what error do you receive?

Please let me know

no error message, just the crash report

thanks

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.