Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How can I save a video sent to me in messenger so I can post…

Customer Question
How can I save...

How can I save a video sent to me in messenger so I can post it on my timeline?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Where do I find that? I am 72 and really bad at this.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubleshooting. Just a help that I couldn't understand.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 11 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The best option will be to use a secure remote screen so I can walk you through step by step. It will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?

You can reply to me here if you want to use the remote session. If you want to try on your own...

Follow the steps below to share a post/video you see on your News Feed:

1. Tap Share below a post
  2. Select Write Post in the popup menu
  3. To choose where you want to share, tap Share to Facebook and select one of the following options:
    • Share to Facebook
    • Friend's timeline
    • Group
    • Your Page
  4. To choose who can see your post, tap and select one of the audience options
  5. Enter an optional message
  6. Tap Share
Not my question. How do I save a video I received in Messenger? I want to then post to my timeline.
I'm on Social Security, so cannot afford any extras.

Okay, try this please.

1. Tap and hold the video. ...
  2. Tap Save.

Did you get the option to Save for Later?

Did that work for you?