Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am having trouble getting my gmail on line on my iMac

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble getting my gmail on line on my iMac computer. I am online on my iPhone and my iPad. They are asking me to type my password ***** I have done but that didn't work.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Just yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No . I did turn my computer off and then back on and then this problem occurred.

9/12/2017
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Thanks Jins, yes you may remote support. I am in Australia and the AEST is now 1.10 pm . anytime in the next few hours would be agreeable.
Since posing my question I have discovered i am able to access my gmail by using personal hotspot on my iPhone. This problem began when I changed my modem. I do not understand why my email works fine on my iPhone and my iPad and not on my my IMAC???

Okay, please go to www.teamviewer.com and download and install Teamviewer and Run it. Let me know the ID and Password ***** shows you.

Regards

Jins

ID 18552038password *****

Id must be 9 digit. The one you provided is 8 digit only

sorry
###-##-####

There is some unknown error that prevents us connecting. So please try another method. Please click here and click on I Agree button and download Screen Connect Client program and Run it. Then I will able to connect to your system. Because of it is a Java based program it may show you an error related to unknown publisher or unverified publisher. If so let me know and I will provide steps to overcome that error.

regards

Jins

its telling me i have to run Java runtime.. what's that all about?

Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance on this.

Click on OK to allow JAVA Runtime

That screenconnect client program is based on JAVA and that's why you are getting that message. If you can't open it, please hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and click on the downloaded file and select open from the menu.

Have downloaded Java

Good, now please hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and click on the downloaded Elsinore Screen Connect Client file and select open from the menu.

where is the CTLR key on the IMAC?
CTRL that is??
I have an appointment now. Perhaps we could continue this tomorrow at AEST 10.00 am?
Dear JINSDon't bother I have just fixed the problem myself. I do not require your assistance anymore. thank you JIM

Okay, we can continue tomorrow.

Happy to know the problem resolved. Feel free to contact us when you need any assistance.

Regards

Jins