Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IMac is not booting no chime no image can just hear disc and…

Customer Question
IMac is not booting...

IMac is not booting no chime no image can just hear disc and fan

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

It is el capitian

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iMac? What troubleshooting have you tried?

10.11 or so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

You might need to reset the SMC.

First of all disconnect any cables, any external devices, unplug everything.

Then disconnect the power cord.

Leave the power cord disconnected for at least one minute.

Reconnect the power cord and then try the power button.

If you still don't hear a chime then the iMac has a hardware issue.

You will need to take it to an Apple Store for repair.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am here to help.