Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Suddenly, today, it demands a four digit code to open. What…

Customer Question
Suddenly, today, it demands...

Suddenly, today, it demands a four digit code to open. What number, when did I get it, where do i find it? Passcode needed after restarting

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

? Am 85, don't know, not a grandson in sight. Do you mean the OS X system me IMAC is running. but problem is in the Ipad mini

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

CAlled apple support number but young man could not help me. Spent an hour this morning on IMAC because it suddenly demanded my user name, password, said they were wrong, the security question is one I did not choose to answer, got that fixed finally and now ipad is asking for a pass code

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Remind them I am 85, and know some thecy stuff, but.......

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/12/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

You can erase the iPad using Recovery Mode to bypass the passcode.

First you need to put the iPad into Recovery Mode.

Press and hold the Home button and the Power button together.

The Home button is the one on the front of the iPad at the bottom.

The Power button is the one at the top on the edge.

If you hold those buttons together long enough the iPad will restart.

If you don't let go, but keep holding those buttons for about 30 seconds more, it will enter Recovery Mode.

You will know it has entered Recovery Mode when the screen shows an iTunes logo and a cable.

At this point open iTunes on your iMac, and connect the iPad to the iMac with the USB cable.

iTunes will offer you Update or Restore. Choose Restore.

When the Restore process finishes you can set up the iPad as new and will not be asked for a passcode.

The Restore process could take some time, but if you can do that you can bypass the passcode.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am here to reply and help.

If finisehd take a moment to click the star rating to rate my help, many thanks!

How did that go, were you able to restore it?

Thanks in advance.