Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am having trouble logging onto a federal government jobs

Customer Question

I am having trouble logging onto a federal government jobs website, called usajobs.gov...I am using a username and password ***** by a friend on her PC, which is not a Mac....I am doing this as a favor for her because she does not have time more than about once a week to check the website...the username and password ***** for her on her PC but will not work on my Macbook Pro...I get an error message from the usajobs.gov website saying I'm using a wrong username/password. Is there some setting on my Macbook Pro that is not allowing me to access the website?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's about 3 years old and I'm not sure what operating system I'm running...how do I find out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not recently
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris