Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ive just change the phone light i think they call it IC

Customer Question

hi ive just change the phone light i think they call it IC light
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: and when my phone back to me its give me this msg iphone is disabled connect to itunes
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its from 2015
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm connecting my phone to itunes and its give me that value missing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It would be disabled if you enter incorrect passcode for multiple times. Since it is disabled, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i know the password *****'s just disabled after changing the light i don't wanna lose my data i don't have a backup i'm trying to use dr.fone app to open it without loosing my data is there any way that i can open it without losing it plz plz T.T
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry. Disabled means you already lost everything on it. Apple does this to protect your data. Everything on the iPhone is already encrypted and restoring the iPhone is your only option. This is how Apple designed it. But it is possible that you may have backup on your iCloud. Did you setup iCloud on it ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no i didn't :'(
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

I'm really. Your only option is force restore it from iTunes, to get it to working condition. Apple's security is so strict. You can try Dr. Fone restore after restoring it from iTunes on your computer.

If you ever turned on iCloud on it, then it is possible that data are backed up or synced. You will know this after restoring the iPhone. I really wish I could give you a better answer, but this is how Apple designed it for your security and privacy.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you very much for your help :(
what if i connect Apple ?? do you think that they can do something ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

No, once it is disabled, all data are already gone. Even the FBI had difficulty unlocking a non-disabled iPhone (phone just locked with passcode and not disabled yet)