Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Yesterday I spilled olive oil on my laptop. It is working…

Customer Question
HI Mike. Yesterday I...

HI Mike. Yesterday I spilled olive oil on my laptop. It is working okay but some keys are def. sticking so I'm wondering: I do need to get this cleaned up. Right??

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

MacBook Air early 2015

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

OS Sierra just pages and keynote I think

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I am a complete flop at this. I did go to Best Buy. The meanie heads no can help me; go to the Apple Store in Grand Rpaids

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not! You tell me :).

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

You will need to clean it and very thoroughly at that as the oil will have seeped under the Keyboard.

Are you looking at trying to do this cleaning yourself? Or have this done by someone?

I want it done by someone.
Should I just go to the Apple Store?
Well I think I will go to the Apple Store since this can't be done remotely :)
Thanks!

You will need to take it into the store and they can do this for you there

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer