Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I switch it on it has the screen apple logo and

Customer Question

When I switch it on it has the white screen apple logo and progress bar one bar gets to end it shuts down into standby mode if i touch the on button again it repeats the process
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: I think its a 2007 27 inch .I think it was up loading th latest OS when this started to happen
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2007 switching it on and off
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't have the start up disc
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Shut down your Mac.
Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Tell me if it then functions please