Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I switch it on it has the screen apple logo and

Customer Question
When I switch it...

When I switch it on it has the white screen apple logo and progress bar one bar gets to end it shuts down into standby mode if i touch the on button again it repeats the process

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I think its a 2007 27 inch .I think it was up loading th latest OS when this started to happen

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2007 switching it on and off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't have the start up disc

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Shut down your Mac.
Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Tell me if it then functions please