Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I bought an ipad mini and when I went to set it up its

Customer Question

I bought an ipad mini and when I went to set it up its saying that I need to put in the apple id and password ***** the other owner.
I bought it at a swap meet and can't find the last owner. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Every since I got the ipad mini....
When I got home and went to set it up it said to sign in with the apple id and password. There obviously was another apple id connected to the ipad but when I bought it from the swap meet I was told it was all erased. I think they just erased the stuff and didn't sign into there account and shut the "find my ipad" off.
Is there a way I can factory wipe it and use my apple id and password ***** set it up?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's not for the phone I'm on....I don't want you to connect to my phone.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Yes that's okay, I'm guessing you do not recognize the account?

Thanks

Kris