Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought an ipad mini and when I went to set it up its

Customer Question
saying that I need to...
I bought an ipad mini and when I went to set it up its saying that I need to put in the apple id and password ***** the other owner.
I bought it at a swap meet and can't find the last owner. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Every since I got the ipad mini....
When I got home and went to set it up it said to sign in with the apple id and password. There obviously was another apple id connected to the ipad but when I bought it from the swap meet I was told it was all erased. I think they just erased the stuff and didn't sign into there account and shut the "find my ipad" off.
Is there a way I can factory wipe it and use my apple id and password ***** set it up?
It's not for the phone I'm on....I don't want you to connect to my phone.

Yes that's okay, I'm guessing you do not recognize the account?

Thanks

Kris