Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

HP Laptop with Windows 7. I am trying update itunes

Customer Question
HP Laptop with...

HP Laptop with Windows 7. I am trying update itunes to12.6.2. A message comes back saying invalid signature. I have the problem with another HP Laptop also with windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

HP G70 Laptop with Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I can not because of message Saying "invalid signature".

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

No not - that crazy about such

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have another HP Laptop with the same problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

This can happen if you are trying to update through iTunes.

Instead go directly to the download page and download the latest installer

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

When you are asked to Save or Run, choose Save.

Then once it is downloaded try running it, you shouldn't see that error again.

If you have any problem that way, try right clicking on the download and click Run as Administrator.

If you have any questions please let me know, many thanks in advance!

If I have resolved your issue please take a moment to click the star rating system to rate my answer.

If not please get back to me for more help.

How did that go, were you able to install the latest iTunes that way?

Thanks in advance.