Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is macpurifierrb.pkg safe to download to clean the Mac? It…

Customer Question
Is macpurifierrb.pkg safe to...

Is macpurifierrb.pkg safe to download to clean the Mac?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

It is the MacBook Pro laptop. Version 10.12

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I believe I am up to date....how can I check that please.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

No, Don't download any kind of cleaning programs. Most of all cleaning programs like MacKeeper, CleanMyMac etc does more harm than any good. Sometimes, they delete your important files. You don't need any kind of cleaning programs. It is like washing your car to make it go faster. Your Mac does those automatically.

If you want to scan and remove malware/adware, then you should download and use this one --> https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

To do repairs to system, you can use the Disk Utility app. Open Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. Click your hard disk in left side and run First Aid there.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Is anyone actually here?
And will you be refunding me? I thought I was in touch with Apple. I have not had to pay
no
No one is answering my question
Please answer and refund that fee please

I'm sorry, this is a paid support site and not affiliated to Apple. If you didn't intend to ask the question here, then you can contact or email the customer support at *****@******.*** and they will refund you.

Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund. Ignore the rating request please.

Best Regards,