Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Why does Skype not work on my MacBook Pro 2015 model? Should…

Customer Question
Why does Skype not work...
Why does Skype not work on my MacBook Pro 2015 model? Should I upgrade my operating system???
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
9/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 9 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using on it ?

maccOS Sierra
Version 10.12.6

You are already on the latest version of macOS. What happens when you open Skype ?

The call start ringing for around 10 seconds and then dies

Do you have this issue with all contacts or with any particular ones ?

Are you dialing a number or another skype contact ?

another Skype contact via intenet
internet. i have no credit

Can you delete that contact, then add it back and then call again ?

Are you able to call that contact from another device, like your phone or tablet ? This will tell us if the issue is with the Mac or not

i can call via WhatsApp and my mobile phone but not Skype

Could you please give me the screenshot of that contact ?

Also, are you able to make calls to other contacts ?

That's a Skype contact so no need of credit.

Are you able to make calls to other Skype contacts ?

No same for all calls for all contacts

We can uninstall Skype and redownload a fresh version. Go to this website and download the App Cleaner app --> https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Open App Cleaner and load Skype in it. This will load Skype and all its filed in App Cleaner. Delete them. Then download and install latest version of Skype from here --> https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Open Skype and sign in to your account. Does it allow you to call now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician