Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Tried to log in to Skype; forgot password. Requested new

Tried to log in to Skype; forgot password. Requested new password. Opened up a whole new Skype I didn't recognize. Clicked on contacts & wound up synching with every contact on my Mac (don't want this) and can't find my old contacts that I had before requesting new password.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: Yes, got those and did create new password ***** used it. My problem is that when I logged in, everything was different..had to select themes, colors, etc and synched with all my contacts which I didn't want to do
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Microsoft, not recently; when I get the popup I keep saying Later
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you accidentally open a new account instead of resetting the old one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't think so, but I was wondering the same thing. I don't think so because it accepted my email address and sent me a temporary password
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't tell if I connected with you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you still there and what happened to remote assist

Take a look at the username in your Skype program

Is it your old one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where do I see the User Name

Open Skype

Click on your name

You will see Accounts and your username

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see my full name
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
since you can't remote in, can I attach a screen shot

Sure; go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I clicked on my name and this is what I see.

Did you use that email address on the old account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I click on contacts it pulls up every single contact from my phone/MAC. I don't want that. All I had originally was about 8-10 contacts, several in Mexico with landlines and now I can't find them or their numbers.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is the only email address I have ever had and I don't think this is a new account, do you?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think somehow I got into a loop of updating or getting latest version of Skype, because it was asking me to choose themes and colors and tons more things I don't want

Open Skype then Contacts then Contact Lists

Select SKYPE

Do you just see the 8-10 now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I see this at the top on a menu bar: Online, All, Bots, Skype, MacContacts. Online and Skype have the same 3 contacts, essentially one real person I know (who wasn't in my original list of contacts) & test call and Skype bot. If I click on All or Mac Contacts, those have every single phone number contact from my phone including businesses, etc etc In that list are a few of my original contacts, but I tried to delete the hundreds of others and wasn't successful. I'm still missing my Mexico landline numbers because they aren't on my phone contact list
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wish I had my iPad with me. I had that set up to go directly to my Skype page with my contacts and I never had to sign in. Today I was trying to get Skype via my phone and I had to sign in and I forgot password ***** that's what started all of this. Now I'm on my laptop and it's a new computer and I had to download Skype and it opened up what I was seeing on my phone

It sounds like you created a new account instead of using your old account.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for disappearing. my mother is in hospital and needed help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I sign in with a user name instead of email. I know my user name
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How in the world do I sign out. So frustrating. I want to sign out and try log in again with username if that is possible
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there

Yes, you can.

Open Skype

Click on SKYPE at the top then SIGN OUT

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Skype the app takes me back to that new account, Do you mean Skype online
Did you sign out?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I signed out and
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I signed back in with my User name/ID instead of email and I get this screen. I want your advice for going forward because I think this is what I saw last time when I ran into trouble

Are you using the Skype program or your web browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm on my laptop currently. If I go to the Skype app I downloaded I get the window I was in with all the new contacts, etc and I can't see any way to sign out. So I went to the Skype on the web and at the top right I clicked on sign out. Then clicked back on sign in--I'm going to check my phone right now and see if I can get in

You can use the website if you wish but if you want to use the Skype app then you have to open it up, click on SKYPE at the top and SIGN OUT

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One last question because I keep getting interrupted by my Mom

Sure; go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went back to my phone and it was still open to that new contact page, but on my phone I was able to find a place to log out from the app. (On my computer I haven't been able to figure out how to log out of the app). When I logged out of app on phone, I reopened it and signed in using User Id and I got to my old account and I could see my contacts in the background, but there were all kinds of popups re: synching and colors and themes and 100 other things. I kept rejecting them and finally got to what I wanted which is my old contacts. Hooray. But on my laptop I can't log out of it; every time I open the app I'm back to that new account. how do I log out on my laptop
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, and one more thing, how do I delete this additional account

Open Skype program

Click on SKYPE at the top then SIGN OUT

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I need to log out

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Mac Support
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

this is Rob. I will be doing your remote session

My phone number is ***** the secure section

if you can please go to this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=38a42a79-83cf-45b9-9ee6-0325349cb0ca

it will allow you to download AND RUN a program called elsinore screenconnect

once you have done that, please call me at the number in the secure section

or put yours in and i will call you.