Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't send emails on my Gmail from IPhone, I think it's…

Customer Question
I can't send emails...

I can't send emails on my Gmail from IPhone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I think it's 10.3.3

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's less than 12 months old, I haven't tried anything yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really thank you!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How are you accessing your gmail on your phone? Through the email client/envelope on it?

Or did you download the gmail app to your phone and add it that way? (red/white envelope)

Or are you using the web browser?

Can you receive email on the phone?

Please go to a web browser and log in at gmail.com manually with your email and password. Do not use

autofill. Can you log in?

Download app and have red and white envelope

Can you receive email on the phone?

autofill. Can you log in?

Before we change anything, did you do this yet?

If you can successfully log in and made sure you can access the gmail; uninstall the gmail app:

To delete unwanted apps, just hold down your finger on any app icon for a few seconds. The icons should start to shake, and a black "X" will appear in the top left corner of the apps. This "X" will only appear over downloaded apps, and the default apps from Apple that came with the device cannot be deleted.

This black "X" should appear over some apps.

Just tap on the X and confirm that you want to delete the app, and it will be removed.

You can reinstall it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmail-email-by-google-secure-fast-organized/id422689480?mt=8

Download and install the app, enter your gmail and password ***** follow on screen prompts.

You can also use the email client on the phone if you want to add it that way.

But first, you MUST confirm in a browser you can log in with your email and password ***** you make

changes in case it turns into a password ***** We dont want to do that yet if it is related to password.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I did log onto mail.google.com and sent you message stating just that about 10 minutes ago

Im sorry, i didnt get that reply.

Download app and have red and white envelope was all i had received.

If you can log in, follow those directions. Uninstall it and reinstall it. *it doesnt affect your emails. They are on the server

still, the app is just a shell*

I'll delete app and reinstall now

Ok, i will wait here until you are finish. Please test the gmail for in/out mail after.

Were you able to add it again successfully?

I did but doesn't appear to have done anything
I also have a funny format with email to reply! Also same as prior

Delete the gmail app and add it to your email client instead.

1. Open up the Settings app on your iOS device and go to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section. Hit "Add Account".
  2. From there, choose Microsoft Exchange as the type of account (again, don't choose Gmail).
  3. Type in your Gmail address under Email. Leave the Domain field blank and enter your full Gmail address under Username (including the @gmail.com, @googlemail.com, or other suffix). Type in your password ***** give it any description you like. Mine's just called "Gmail".
  4. Press the Next button at the top of the screen. It should pop up a message saying Unable to Verify Certificate—if it does, just hit cancel. Then, type m.google.com in the new "Server" box that shows up at the top of the screen. Then tap Next.
I'll try that now

Ok, its 430am here EST.

Leave me a message if you need further assistance. I will check back in the office in a few hours.

It's asking for server

Deleted and downloaded but the format is also very weird!!!

Isaac,
Is it working yet?
Leanne

You have more going on than a gmail issue on your phone. I am going to open this up to another expert to look into

for you.

Franklin

Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

iphones have problems with gmail all the time through the standard iphone mail app.

some people suspect that google does it on purpose as they have a much better relationship with the android system and prefer that people use androids.

either way gmail just works a lot better on an iphone if you use the gmail app rather than the iphone app

you can get it from itunes

run that and just put in your gmail address and password ***** it should work instantly and perfectly. But you have to click on gmail icon instead of mail icon to use it.

That's how I was running it prior and it didn't work.
How is it different now?!

I don't know it should work

What error message are you getting?