syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

I connected my GoPro to my Mac and I receive an error

Customer Question

I connected my GoPro to my Mac and I receive an error message that the items cannot be added to my photo library because they may be an unrecognizable file format or the file may not contain valid data.
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: This computer was just factory reset today and this is the first thing that I am attempting to do on it. . . first time receiving the message as this is the first time for anything on this desk top
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: model a1311 . . . where would I find what OS is on my device?
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This device was purchased in 2014 and was factory reset this morning. . . I have tried restarting the computer. I have tried to manually open the DCIM folder in the GoPro but I continue to receive the same error message
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That will be all. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

To resolve the issue the GoPro files need to be associated with the correct program. To do this complete the following procedure:

1. Manually browse files in the DCIM folder of the GoPro.

2. Right click on one of the files in the DCIM folder and select Get Info in the menu that opens.

3. Click Open With and select the program you wish to use to open the video files.

4. Click the Change All button and then click Continue.

You should now be able to import the files into your photo library.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance?