Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to connect a canon printer to my mac and I go…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a canon printer to my mac and I go into settings to printers and scanners and my mac will not let me add a printer or type in a name.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

IMac 0 inch early 2008, OS X 10.5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I cannot trouble shoot because it will not let me type in a name or add a printer name.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am just trying to set up a wireless printer to the mac.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

I am ready

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris