Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone is disables /c i forgot my password. When I

Customer Question
My iPhone is disables...

My iPhone is disables b/c i forgot my password. When I connect to iTunes it says it can't b/c the value is missing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Iphone 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since yesterday. I'm not sure what you mean by troubleshooting.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

If you forgot your passcode, you need to restore your iPhone using iTunes.

When it says there is a missing value in iTunes, you need to use Recovery Mode on your iPhone to restore in iTunes.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.

Now connect to iTunes. From Recovery Mode you should be able to Restore the iPhone to factory settings.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am here to help.

If you are happy with the answer please click the star rating to rate my help. Have a nice day!

How do I use Recovery Mode?

Hi, how did that go? Were you able to enter Recovery Mode?

Thanks in advance.