Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Second opinion] when initially setting up my iPhone se, I

Customer Question
keep getting a message for...
Second opinion] when initially setting up my iPhone se, I keep getting a message for emergency call. I cancel then try to make a setup selection and the message comes back. I'm unable to get past this. Suggestion?JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?Customer: iPhone SEJA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?Customer: This is a new phone I'm trying to setup.JA: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

You will need to connect your phone to the computer with the usb cord that came with it and then open itunes. If you do not have itunes you can download it from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. The most important step is the recovery mode step which is #4 in this list below of instructions. Let me know if you need help along the way. See pic attached as this is what you should see on your phone.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast