Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a new iphone having insurance from an ATT apple…

I bought a new...

I bought a new iphone having insurance from an ATT apple store. i can not send the old iphone to the insurance company without veification that the phone has been disabled. Can Apple help me disable the iphone or do i have to go somewhere else, like the insuence company?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 2-3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The problem is recent when my dog bit the corner of the iphone, i am sorry to say

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to disable ti iphone to have the insurance pay me.

9/9/2017
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You can disable the phone if you are able to sign into your Apple ID account.

Are you able to sign into your account?

no

Have you tried resetting the password?

Josh, Mac Support
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris