Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an iPod classic that is currently plugged into my

I have an iPod classic that is currently plugged into my computer. It says "Do Not Disconnect" - the interface is black and white.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Asus laptop, Windows I don't know what generation my iPod classic is.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: I'm not sure I can't find the information
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I purchased the iPod used from a seller on Amazon, as Apple has stopped making iPod classics. I've had the iPod for about 2 years
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the first time it has done this It's operated fine without any major prior issues.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPod and see if it works or not.

1. Disconnect it from computer
  2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  3. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds.

Does it work ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it worked, my iPod is fine! Thanks for the help

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,