Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I do not understand why Apple will not let a person use the

Customer Question

I do not understand why Apple will not let a person use the passwords they create. I had to go without my phone for two weeks because Apple locked it while I was in .canada. I created a new password ***** that which now is not recognized. To change it I have to go through account recovery which means I will be without my devices for another two weeks. I only got an new Apple phone because our kids have apples but seriously, I hate the products. How can I update apps without all this hassle
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Not this morning. I did after the whole unfortunate recovery experience.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I cannot because I cannot get in to do it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. I just tried several times to use my password ***** I went to iTunes to change the password ***** is where I discovered I would have to go through account recovery.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris