Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have tried everything. I can't seem to get the value is…

Customer Question
I have tried everything...

I have tried everything. I can't seem to get the value is missing from coming up everytime

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

iPhone 7 plus. 2 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I forgot my password. I have been trying to set to factory mode but can't seem to do it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just need to reset so there is no passcode. My thumbprint didn't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To be sure, is this iPhone 7 or 6S ? iPhone 7 is just an year old

its 2 years old and it also keeps locking by itself

Then it is not an iPhone 7

Since you forgot the passcode, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

an i phone 7 and i have to keep waiting because it locks all the time for 15 min
what is DFU mode?

If the phone is 2 years old then this is not an iPhone 7. It is probably 6S or lower model. Please confirm the model number for me as the instructions will be different for iPhone 7

than maybe a year and half it is an iphone7plus

Again, iPhone 7 or 7 Plus isn't even an year old yet since release. It was released on September 16 2016

Is it less than an year old ? If so, then it is probably 7 or 7 Plus

Please identify the model for me from here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201296

than its a year my kids are telling me. we are in Miami with the hurricane coming and i am having this problem.. we would love to have the phone work before it hits.

I'm sorry about situation. Please identify the model for me. The instructions to get it to working for 7 or 7 Plus are different from older models. If this is 7 or 7 Plus, then follow the steps below to fix it.

Your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

On your iPhone press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button only but continue holding the Volume down button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore