Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iTunes library has been erased from my desktop! This all

Customer Question

My iTunes library has been erased from my desktop! This all started when I could not play my iPod on my cars sound system. The message stated that it was reading my iPod device, but nothing ever started. This had happened once before, but after I replugged the wiring it worked fine. Yesterday nothing improved the problem. I brought the iPod inside my house and plugged it into computer thinking it was out of power. After charging it, the iPod into my computer for a reasonable length of time, the iPod stated in faded lettering that it was safe to to disconnect. When I plugged it into my car again, it again said it was searching for the iPod but again did not. I brought the iPod back in and plugged into my MacBook Pro hoping. The computer said it was in recovery mode. Did I want to continue, but when I tried repeatedly to enter recovery mode, it refused to accept my password. I rest the password ***** tried again and again. Now it will not accept any password ***** my iTunes library disappeared from my desktop. Trying again and again to use all my various passwords were futile. The new passwords which I continue enter will not even acknowledge my computer. I am running Sierra and continue to have difficulties with any of my devices. I have not entered any of my missing songs onto to my nearly new iPhone because my 8600 songs will probably not fit. What do I do?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The macPro is a 2012. It has some problems, but if I don't turn it off, Apple Geniuses have told me it could last another two years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes I loaded Sierra at the Apple store recently.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Like what? Please realise I am not very adept with my computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all i can think of at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please start now
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok - Can you tell me what happens when you open iTunes?

Does it tell you it's not found?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel. Do not charge me
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

You have already been charged, we can continue here and I can solve your problem or I can request a refund for you.

Regards

Kris