Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We are trying to retrieve our Apple ID password and we do…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to retrieve our Apple ID password ***** we do not remember our security questions. Can we get new security questions? We also can't receive emails on our email account to reset the password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

We switched cell phones and the account was never logout so we are not sure how long it has been. Definitely less than a year.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I guess. We have just tried to remember our password ***** no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We are trying to save our game data on icloud so we can transfer the data to the new phone.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
9/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

What is your apple id?

no thank you

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

oh okay

and you dont have access to the email that starts with n and ends in .org

n•••••.org

and also do not know the security questions correct?

no we had the account setup with an email that doesn't accept outside emails. it is a school email account for school only.
no, we were wondering how we could change our security questions

Apple only allows to reset the questions when you also know the password ***** let me try something real quick

okay thanks

what is your birthdate?

I put a fake birthday when I set this up and I can't remember it.

no worries Ive done that ok one sec

Yeh sometimes if you try so many times it will change the options to reset your password ***** as phone number or text but it just is not changing. Well, all I can think of is that your District IT department may be able to get into your email account. You may not be able to receive outside emails but they may be able to temporarily just to get that email from apple for you. I work in a school district as well and even though everyone is set up differently I know its possible in our district.

Okay we will try that tomorrow.

Its either that or call applecare directly @(###) ###-####and explain the issue. But thats if your IT people are not able to help but I am sure they can.

Since I was not able to answer your question here is our customer service info for any refund that you need:

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Or you can call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Sorry about that but I hope I helped at least guide you in the right direction. Hope it all works out.

Thank you!

Your Welcome.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast