Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a MacBook Pro and it sat for a few years on the shelf…

Customer Question
Hi I have a MacBook...
Hi I have a MacBook Pro and it sat for a few years on the shelf and I went to go and turn it on and it will not turn on I replaced the battery with anew battery
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/8/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Ok
It Does not turn on

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. PLus, it doesn't turn on

Try this:

1. Make sure the power adapter is unplugged from the notebook, but still plugged into the wall socket.

2. Hold down the power button for exactly 10 seconds

3. While still holding down the power button, plug the power cable in, and keep holding the button until it comes on.

If that didn't work after waiting 10 more seconds, try this

Step 1. Open the bottom of your Notebook with a tiny screw driver

Step 2. Take out 1 memory stick

Step 3. Try and power it on, and if that didn't work, put that memory stick back and then take out the other memory stick if you have one.

If you can give me the serial number of your macbook I can send you the actual step by step for the macbook and taking out the memory stick. Sometimes the macbook pro will have the serial number on the back in super small print. But you may not even have to do this but just incase the first steps do not work

Ok I will try this

Before the memory stick option you can do a similar version of this which is:

If the battery is removable which I am assuming it is since you have replaced the battery

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Remove the battery.
  3. Press and hold the power button for five seconds.
  4. Then right away Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
How do you take the memory stick out

Well save that for last but just incase do you know your serial number. You can check the back of the macbook itself in small print depending on the model you have.

Thank you one second

Are you still there

Yes I am just making sure on the model

Ok no problem
Hey I took one out what do I do next

Leave the one memory stick in and try and turn it on with the one.

I do I put the battery in
plug it in the computer

Yes battery and plug in power

Ok I will do
It will not turn on

OK now switch the memory

Ok I yes I've tried it and bolts do not work
I mean both do not work

ok one moment

Ok no problem .

You already tried this?

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Remove the battery.

If all has been done. I believe your only thing left you can do is take it to an apple store or send it into apple by calling(###) ###-#### However I checked the warranty and it has already expired so they may charge you.

Plus, if you decided to here is our customer service info for a fefund from us since I was not able to fix your issue:

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Or you can call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Ok I will
Mac Support Specialist: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 11 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi there, I am happy to help, however after looking over the notes it looks like the most of the situation has already been done. At this time the last response from Jon is the best response. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Hi i am going to send you some picture of the computer can you look at it and make sure it look finethank you
ryan
Here are the picturesThank you
Ryan
 replied 11 months ago

Let me take a look

replied 11 months ago

Have you already unplugged the battery and connected the battery back? Also have you tried to turn it ON while connected to the wall outlet power supply? If that still does not work, you may need to take it into Apple for physical hardware inspection.