syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

Is it possible to use the digidesign 888 as a stand alone

Customer Question

hello. is it possible to use the digidesign 888 as a stand alone conversion device?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: iMac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i am up to date with the os
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

Yes, it is possible for the 888 to operate in stand alone mode. To do this:

First, switch off any digital devices that can send a word clock signal to 888/24 I/O channel 1 and 2 digital input ports.
Next switch on the 888/24 I/O which will make the 888/24 I/O search for a word clock signal on digital input ports 1 and 2.
When a word clock signal is not detected it switch to using its own internal clock signal.
Note that when in stand alone mode it will use analog inputs and AES/EBU outputs 1 through 8.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.