Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

MacBookAir. Every 6 months or so, my computer refuses to

Customer Question

MacBookAir. Every 6 months or so, my computer refuses to send my email. I get a big box with lots of options, mostly, "Try Later" etc.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Apple MacBookAir, Safari operating system
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, and I have a running message which is" no backup for 597 days"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, I don't know what to try. My son is a senior electrical engr. at Apple (for 17 years) but he is in Europe now.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything. I would go to the local Apple Store in Newport Beach's Fashion Island, but I'm bedridden.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be more than glad to work on your issue.

I would recommend we do a remote session to better understand and look into a few things on your Mac. This will help better determine a solution.