Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Received a warning of suspicious sign in to my iCloud via a

Customer Question

Received a warning of suspicious sign in to my iCloud via a web browser from Abuja, Nigeria, asked to secure my account as soon as possible
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: iphone 5s
JA: When did you purchase your iPhone 5s? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: over 2 years no troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First of all, you should never click on any links or do any process mentioned in those kind of emails directly from that email. Because there are so many scams out there. So do not click on any link or address in that email.

Even if we assume that is a legitimate email, you should do it from official Apple's website. So reset your Apple ID or iCloud ID password ***** this official website --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

That is the safest way to secure your account. If you want, you can secure your account by enabling two factor authentication method on your account --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.