Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPhone 7 Plus is disabled and I cant sign onto ITunes…

Customer Question
My IPhone 7 Plus...

My IPhone 7 Plus is disabled and I cant sign onto ITunes because I forgot my password ***** to reset my password ***** want to send the code to my phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I tried just a few moments ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I cant get anyplace because everytime I try to change my password ***** want to send it to my phone,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thenks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
9/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Robert, consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, consultant

what is wrong with the iphone ?

that is going to be your easiest answer. get the iphone working.

you can even get yourself a cheap phone and have your number transferred to the new phone so that you can get a text message on it.

otherwise you need to see if there are any other reset options on the itunes site such as an alternative email

If you paid for anything on the account you can TRY to speak to apple and establish your identity by knowing the credit card information. Other companies often accept that. Apple usually does not. But you can try.

Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To resolve the issue sign-up for a Google Voice number or other phone number forwarding service and then configure your mobile phone account to forward your phone number to the new Google Voice number. Then start the password ***** again and have them send it to your phone - the reset information will forward to the forwarding number which you can view in Gmail or on another phone to which you may forward your phone calls. Then follow the rest of the reset process and that should resolve the issue.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance? Were you able to complete the procedure I posted above?