Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got a message that there is a virus on my I-phone SE from…

Customer Question
I got a message...

I got a message that there is a virus on my I-phone SE from "Apple" that tells me to download this attached fix. Is it really from Apple or a scam? I did not open it. My software says the phone is all up to date. Any info?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

It's my iphone, so I am I don't know. It is a i-phone SE 6 that is a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not on my phone. My software check says I am up-to-date.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing, since I was not having any problems. All of a sudden this screen pops up I am currently listing to the radio on Tunein Radio.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

No it is a scam, a common one they try to do to get you to open files.

At all costs, ignore it please and do not run it

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you